Welcome back to Oceanside Stroke Recovery Society. This is our 33rd year providing therapy to stroke survivors and support to caregivers in Oceanside. Our awesome co-ordinator has been busy lining up special events, entertainment and guest speakers for the coming year.
Our Mission remains the same: to promote the health and overall quality of life of stroke survivors and their caregivers.
We will continue to offer:
- Speech therapy, one-on-one for stroke survivors with aphasia – weekly
- Exercise therapy for stroke survivors and caregivers – weekly
- Art therapy for stroke survivors and caregivers – monthly
- Music therapy for stroke survivors and caregivers – monthly
- Occupational therapy for stroke survivors and caregivers – monthly
- Caregiver support led by a Registered Clinical Counsellor – monthly
- Peer support – opportunities for social interactions for stroke survivors, caregivers, family members, volunteers and friends, i.e. luncheons, pot lucks, picnics, coffee socials, breakfast meetings.
- Fellowship for stroke survivors, spouses, caregivers, friends and volunteers at weekly meetings.
Meet the people who help provide our programs and more: