On November 3rd our community will be celebrating Random Act of Kindness Day®. This day has been earmarked as a day to recognize kindness and humanity in the community of Parksville-Qualicum.
The Parksville Qualicum Community Foundation is asking for your help in promoting this special day with your family, friends and strangers. Random Act of Kindness Day® cards (small business card size) are available in advance of November 3rd. These cards encourage the cardholder to perform a simple act of kindness for someone – a neighbour, a friend, a co-worker, or someone they don’t even know – and hand the card over to that person – inspiring him/her to do the same.
There are so many ways you can get involved!
Pay it forward to your friends…
- Treat your friends to coffee and donuts in the morning.
- Send an e-card to your family letting them know how much you appreciate them.
Pay it forward to your co-members (OSRS)…
- Share your “to die for” chocolate chip cookies with the members.
- Offer to make the morning coffee for our volunteers.
- Make a point of thanking our volunteers for their help every week.
Pay it forward to someone you don’t even know…
- Purchase a meal for a homeless person.
- Let someone in front of you on the highway.
- Pay the parking meter for someone if you see it’s getting low.
- Pay for the person behind you in drive thru.
We hope that you will encourage friends and family to spread the word and hand out cards inviting them to get involved in Random Act of Kindness Day®.
Random Acts of Kindness cards are available from mj Turner.
Random acts of kindness are a wonderful way to touch the lives of another and make our world a better place. Please help us to put a human face on our community by promoting Random Act of Kindness Day® in your neighbourhood.