Oceanside Stroke Recovery Society hosts:
- A weekly meeting from September 1st to July 31st
Fridays 11:00 am to 1:30 pm
St. Columba Presbyterian Church Hall, 921 Wembley Road, Parksville, BC
Each meeting includes physical exercise, one-to-one speech therapy, brown-bag lunch (coffee by donation) and an activity or a speaker. Last Friday of the month, members enjoy lunch out at a local restaurant.
Get the daily/weekly/monthly calendar
- A weekly coffee/breakfast meeting
*** Cancelled until further notice ***
Tree’s Restaurant, 1385 Alberni Hwy, Parksville, BC
This is a social and fellowship get-together.
Get directions and join us!
We provide the following programs for stroke survivors and caregivers:
- Speech therapy, one-on-one for stroke survivors with aphasia – weekly
- Exercise therapy for stroke survivors and caregivers – weekly
- Art therapy for stroke survivors and caregivers – monthly
- Music therapy for stroke survivors and caregivers – monthly
- Occupational therapy for stroke survivors and caregivers – monthly
- Caregiver support led by a Registered Clinical Counsellor – monthly
- Peer support – opportunities for social interactions for stroke survivors, caregivers, family members, volunteers and friends, i.e. luncheons, pot lucks, picnics, coffee socials, breakfast meetings.
- Fellowship for stroke survivors, spouses, caregivers, friends and volunteers at weekly meetings.